Craving for chicken? Thought of going to McDonald’s or your favorite fast food restaurant to buy fried chicken but then got scared of all the calories you would gain by eating fried food? If yes, then why have you never thought of making healthy chicken by yourself at home, something that you don’t have to worry about.
Don’t know how to cook? Well this guide to a crispy healthy chicken steak has got you covered. We have entailed the ingredients and the directions clearly so you can follow them easily.
Who doesn’t love a crispy, juicy chicken steak that has been cooked to perfection topped with creamy sauce? But that requires the right ingredients in specific quantity depending upon the quantity of meat, and frying/baking at right temperature.
Most people either burn the steak, leave it half cooked or a mixture of both. For a good juicy, tender steak you need to marinate it well in all the spices and leave it to rest for some hours so that it retains all the flavor.
Ingredients For steak:
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts (boneless)
- 2 Eggs (slightly whisked)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 teaspoon pepper chili sauce (such as TABASCO)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 Cup Onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 2 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 ½ cup flour (should be enough to make a thin coating on chicken)
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- Add salt to your taste
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- 5 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First clean the chicken breasts and then pound them with a mallet to flatten. Then cut each breast in half.
- Marinate the chicken with, ginger paste, garlic paste, spices, coriander leaves, chilies, and flour. Shake the chicken to let excess fall off.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, tabasco sauce and add a bit of milk too. Dip the chicken in this mixture and then coat again with the flour mixture. Make sure the whole steak is coated in mixture. Set the chicken aside for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet under medium heat. No need to deep fry your steak just add enough oil so that 1/4th of the steak is in oil (shallow frying). The quantity of oil needed depends upon your skillet size.
- When the oil is hot cook the steak, but do not overcrowd the pan. There should be enough space to turn sides. For crispy steak, only turn it once when the side is golden brown.
- Fry the steak for 4-5 minutes on both sides till its cooked. Remove them from the pan and pace on paper towel to soak excess oil.
- Pour extra oil into a heat safe bowl, but let a bit remain (at least 4 tablespoons) to make the gravy. Add flour in the skillet to make sauce for topping. Keep stirring the flour in the skillet. When the flour becomes brown slowly add milk and a bit of cream, whisking continuously so not hard lumps can form.
- Continue stirring the sauce until it starts to simmer. Add spices to your taste. Cook until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Serve the chicken steak with sauce. You can even make mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables to add as a side dish.
Benefits of Eating Chicken:
Chicken is a healthy source of protein and it has a low amount of saturated fat, making it the perfect healthy dinner meal. Chicken or white meat is the easiest and most readily available meat to cook that is ready in no time and has a lot of nutritious benefits if consumed in right quantity.
Chicken not only has a lot of protein which is essential for growth and development but also selenium which is an antioxidant and is good for our immune system. Moreover, it also provides our body with zinc, vitamin B6, B12 and D and eating chicken also helps to keep your body weight in control.